This pages offers ideas and resources to fund your volunteer work with JUNTOS. Please note that JUNTOS provides mentorship for most fundraising options below. Email Administrative Assistant, Karly Burton with any questions or concerns: email@example.com.
These activities can be conducted individually or with a small group and need minimal planning time.
- Individual Asks – Fundraising letter to family + friends. Ask JUNTOS for the template and description overview.
- Online Fundraising Campaigns – GoFundMe, Kickstarter (etc.)
- Small Fundraisers / Events
- Car Wash
- Bake Sale
- Restaurant / Bar Donation – Ask a local restaurant or bar to help host an event or see what they might offer! Some offer a percent of drinks for a night, others offer a coupon for you to give to friends where a percent of their meal that night goes to your cause. Opportunities are endless!
Group / Planned Fundraising
These activities generally take 2-4 months to plan, but can be well worth the trouble depending on how well-organized you are.
- Peer-to-Peer Campaigns – Similar to online fundraising campaigns, this method follows a method of reaching an end goal on a single online platform. The huge difference is this: you aren’t raising the money, you ask your friends to help raise the money.
- Fundraising events
- Art Party
- House Parties – A party for friends and family (preferably your parent’s friends) where you ask for donations to sponsor your work
- Silent Auctions – You’ll need extra time to plan for a good one, but can raise thousands of dollars!
- Tastings, classes, or dinners – Great for groups of people interested in this
Outside Scholarships + Grants
These are available online. Research online for more information.